Updates and Deadlines for CME that Counts for MOC
Get the Word Out: We encourage you to register your CME activities that count for MOC as soon as possible, so that they will be displayed in CME Finder, our online CME search tool for physicians seeking to earn Continuing Certification or MOC credits by participating in accredited CME.
ABA New MOCA Content Outline; Reducing Duplicates:
- The American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) has released a new version of the MOCA Content Outline. While much of the outline remains the same, some terms have changed, and any CME activities with a start date on or after January 1, 2019 that are registered for ABA MOCA must be associated with terms from the new content outline. You will continue to enter your ABA MOCA activities the same way you have done with your past activities. To access the changes in an Excel document, view the ABA Updated MOCA Excel Content Outline.
- ABA has also implemented the following changes in an effort to reduce the incidence of duplicate MOC credit for their diplomates:
- A diplomate can only receive participation credit for completing each unique activity (ACCME Activity ID) once per day (date completed), and
- If the activity offers both patient safety and non-patient safety CME, two participation records for the unique activity will need to be reported per diplomate per day—one for non-patient safety CME and one for patient safety CME.
- If you have any questions regarding the new content outline or the learner reporting update, please email the ABA team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about submitting activity or learner data to PARS, please send an email to email@example.com.
- For more information, visit the ABA MOCA webpage.
ABO Learner Data:
- The Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) is now open for the submission of American Board of Ophthalmology learner completion data. Learner data submission methods include using the web form, batch upload, and web services. If you have activities for the 2018 reporting year with ABO learner completions, you have until March 31, 2019 to submit them in PARS. You can begin reporting learners for any 2019 activities.
- As a reminder, accredited providers are required to submit learner completion data via PARS for each activity registered as meeting ABO requirements.
- For more information, visit the ABO webpage.
ABOHNS Learner Data:
- PARS is now open for the submission of American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery learner completion data. Learner data submission methods include using the web form, batch upload, and web services. Accredited providers are required to submit learner completion data via PARS for each activity registered as meeting ABOHNS requirements.
- For more information, visit the ABOHNS webpage.
ABP Program Guide:
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) published an updated version of the ABP Program Guide. “Other” is now included as an activity type for activities registered for the ABP MOC Part 2 program. “Other” can be chosen for activities that involve blended, new, or other approaches that do not fall into one of the established format categories.
- ABP MOC Part 2 points may now be earned in differing amounts by the learners and may be reported in quarter hour increments, if appropriate, for 2019 activities.
- For more information, visit the ABP webpage.