The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Program Support Specialist is the first point of contact for Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) providers, collaboration partners, physicians, staff, and volunteers seeking technical assistance via email or phone. With an orientation toward customer service, this person will support users in inputting data correctly into ACCME’s proprietary data collection application, primarily the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS), assist staff with routine technical support requests and support the analysis of ACCME’s data for quality and reporting purposes. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the program and reporting requirements of ACCME, medical boards, and other collaborative partners, including methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems.
- Support ACCME staff, volunteers, collaboration partners, physicians and CME providers in their use of ACCME proprietary applications.
- Support ACCME staff with routine technical support requests like setting up new email accounts, software updates and troubleshooting login issues.
- Provide consistent, accurate information and support to users about the requirements for entering program and activity data, registering activities and reporting learners for collaborative programs. This includes answering email or phone questions from users about their implementation and recognizing when to escalate issues to ACCME senior staff.
- Support and contribute to projects to improve ACCME database systems and applications. Perform testing and quality assurance.
- Analyze data entered by CME stakeholders to validate its accuracy and completeness using evaluation procedures and queries designed for this purpose.
- Using a variety of analytical tools, define and produce standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of audit sampling, executive management reporting, and ACCME publications.
- Use off-the-shelf software to create and manage forms, invitations, and other tools to support ACCME’s business processes.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s or Associate's degree from an accredited degree program a plus.
Prior work experience related to customer support.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
Experience with Microsoft Office Professional applications, with knowledge of Access and Excel, including use of pivot tables and Excel data analysis tools.
Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation with a passion for solving problems and helping others.
Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with accrediting, licensing or credentialing organizations a plus.
Reports To: Director of Data Services
The Communications Coordinator supports the implementation of communication strategies designed to promote the value of accredited continuing education for health professionals and to build engagement with the accredited continuing education community, clinicians, healthcare leaders, and other stakeholders. The Coordinator is responsible for supporting and improving the ACCME’s communications via multiple channels including websites, social media, podcasts, e-newsletters, articles, and reports. Key responsibilities include management of websites, podcasts, email blasts and subscription lists; writing and editing for digital and print platforms; coordinating with internal and external stakeholders on communications projects; and identifying strategies to achieve communications goals. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage the ACCME website (Drupal 8 platform).
- Write, edit, and design new content in coordination with communications team and other teams across the organization.
- Maintain a website review schedule; coordinate regular content reviews to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging and design.
- Respond to daily website update requests from staff.
- Select graphics and photography for website.
- Optimize existing web content to enhance user experience and SEO; identify strategies to improve user experience.
- Prepare reports tracking and analyzing website usage.
- Serve as liaison with website vendor.
- Prepare recommendations for website improvements to serve communications goals.
- Support management of Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education Website, in collaboration with Joint Accreditation team.
Social Media and Podcasts
- Support management of social media platforms for ACCME.
- Develop and implement social media strategy for Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education, including, including writing, editing, and proofing posts; and preparing graphics.
- Prepare quarterly reports and analysis of social media performance.
- Work with communications team to improve social media presence to increase followers and build visibility and engagement with the accredited continuing education community and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate podcast production, including scheduling, selecting topics, preparing questions, inviting guests, and coordinating with the production team.
- Manage ACCME and Joint Accreditation email subscription lists on our email marketing service, Emma.
- Maintain calendar of email blasts, newsletters, targeted announcements, and other email communications, in coordination with communications and other internal teams.
- Manage production and distribution of email blasts, in coordination with internal teams, including writing, editing, and graphic selection; formatting in email templates; testing and proofreading; and distributing.
- Support development and publication of ACCME and Joint Accreditation reports including the Annual Data Report, Joint Accreditation Leadership Summit Reports, and Year in Review Report.
- Assist with survey management and calls for comment; generate analyses of responses.
- Edit, proofread, and copyedit materials.
- Support marketing of annual meeting and other events.
- Attend ACCME and Joint Accreditation events (virtual and live) and assist with communications and marketing.
- Strategic communications initiatives as assigned.
- Support other projects as assigned.
Reports to: Vice President of Communications
Skills and Experience
- BA in Communications, Digital Media, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Proven experience writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading content for digital platforms and print
- Expertise in developing strategic communications messaging
- Ability to translate complex, nuanced issues into clear, compelling messages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a nonprofit, healthcare, education, accrediting, or regulatory organization a plus
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills; strong problem-solving skills; proactive approach to finding solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills; values a demanding, team-focused environment; ability to manage a multilayered content review process
- Flexible, adaptable, highly organized, detail-oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and function under deadline pressure
- Ability to engage with multiple audiences, including physicians and other healthcare professionals, educators, and the public
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional, including Excel
- Experience in website content management; experience with Drupal 8 a plus
- Experience with SEO, Google analytics, and HTML a plus
- Experience with email marketing services; familiarity with Emma a plus
- Graphic design skills a plus