The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
The Program Support Analyst is responsible for providing support to ACCME providers, collaboration partners, staff, and volunteers in their use and understanding of ACCME’s proprietary data collection systems, including the Program and Activity Reporting System. This person will support providers in inputting data correctly and analyze ACCME’s data for quality and reporting purposes.
The person in this position will work closely with ACCME’s information technology, accreditation, and education teams to ensure that ACCME’s data services produce high quality products that meet the needs of accredited organizations and other stakeholders in the ACCME system.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the program and reporting requirements of ACCME, medical boards and other collaborative partners, including methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems.
- Support ACCME staff, volunteers, and CME providers in their use of ACCME proprietary applications.
- Provide consistent, accurate information and support to accredited providers about the requirements for entering program and activity data, registering activities and reporting learners for collaborative programs. This includes answering email or phone questions from accredited providers about their implementation, and recognizing when to escalate issues to ACCME senior staff.
- Support and contribute to projects to improve ACCME database systems and applications. Perform testing and quality assurance.
- Analyze data entered by ACCME volunteers and CME providers to validate its accuracy and completeness using evaluation procedures and queries designed for this purpose.
- Using a variety of analytical tools, define and produce standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of audit sampling, executive management reporting, and ACCME publications.
- Use off-the-shelf software to create and manage forms, invitations, and other tools to support ACCME’s business processes.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from accredited 4-year program.
- Minimum of two years of work experience related to data analysis and customer support.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional applications, with expert knowledge of MS Access and Excel, including use of pivot tables and Excel data analysis tools.
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio and Report Services preferred.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation with a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- Experience with accrediting, licensing or credentialing organization preferred.
Reports to: Director, Data Services
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) is seeking a Vice President of Data and Information Systems. Based in our Downtown Chicago office and reporting to the Executive Vice President, this newly created position is the leader responsible for information technology strategy, and execution, for the ACCME. Building on past successes, this individual provides strategic direction and guidance in the development and implementation of all ACCME enterprise-wide solutions and information systems.
In support of the ACCME’s mission and goals, and working in collaboration with senior leadership, the Vice President of Data and Information Systems directs the development of the overall long range ACCME digital strategy and short-term strategy for systems development, hardware acquisition, software development, and integration, including networks, voice/telecommunications equipment and microcomputer applications. Through the assessment of current and future organizational goals, this position proactively responds and provides direction in areas of policy, security, and e-commerce relating directly to information systems to support the growth and success of the ACCME. The successful candidate will develop and maintain positive working relationships with wide-ranging groups of business and technical staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the organization’s senior technology advisor, and a member of the ACCME’s senior management team.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and management of all systems infrastructure, enterprise storage, telecommunications, information security, and disaster recovery services to support the business operations and objectives across the organization.
- Develops and leads IT strategic and tactical planning for the ACCME. Plans and leads the future direction of IT and ensures delivery of high-quality service to support operations.
- Assures leading practices and approaches are utilized throughout the data collection lifecycle from application development, change management, data analysis, dissemination and support to position the ACCME to utilize leading edge technologies to serve our constituencies.
- Provides leadership and direction in developing long-range goals and strategic plans for the IT organization, including cloud strategy, application development and acquisition and management, vendor management, infrastructure management, security, risk management, business continuity staffing, and hardware strategies.
- Approves purchases of technological equipment and software within budgetary guidelines and establishes partnerships with IT suppliers.
- Analyzes the costs, value, and risks of information technology and suggests actions to advise the executive team, and inform ACCME’s budget.
- Leads a team of professional staff, providing management and coaching. Evaluates staffing needs, allocates resources effectively.
- Selects and evaluates vendors of information technology solutions. Oversees vendor performance, manages and builds vendor relationships.
- Architects a test-driven development (TDD) strategy and implements it across development teams.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related field is required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related graduate degree is preferred.
- 7 years progressive IT leadership experience, including software engineering management, product design/management, IT infrastructure, security, data pipelines and reporting.
- 4+ years of experience leading Angular-based development teams
- Significant experience on software development projects using open source and Python software; Development experience with open source and Python preferred.
- Significant experience deploying technologies and tools in support of data analytics.
- Significant experience with Django REST frameworks and Python-based microservices.
- Significant experience delivering in an Agile or other rapid-released environment.
- Significant experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or similar.
- Knowledgeable in HIPAA Compliance and GDPR.
- A progressive, visionary leader with significant experience in the development and execution of IT strategic plans.
- A record of effectively leading and facilitating change.
- Proven success in a leadership role in a complex educational or healthcare organization.
- A strategic leader who can establish an inspiring vision for IT and who is committed to growing and developing staff.
- A driven leader who demonstrates a team-oriented and collaborative approach in working closely with IT, other departments, leadership, and outside organizations and individuals.
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- A confident manager with strong coaching skills to nurture the development of staff into accomplished leaders.
- A change agent who can take necessary risks and effectively lead the change process with sensitivity to its potential impact on the IT department, its culture, and individual staff members; who recognizes the value in what the IT department has accomplished and builds upon its strengths rather than making sweeping changes.
- An individual of the highest integrity with high levels of energy, maturity, and flexibility.
- A builder of relationships; a developer and promoter of the strengths of colleagues.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available.
- No virtual/remote employment for this position. Full-time physical presence in the ACCME’s downtown Chicago office is required.
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Prepared: July 2019