The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Program Support Analyst is responsible for providing support to Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) providers, collaboration partners, staff, and volunteers in their use and understanding of ACCME’s proprietary data collection application, the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS). With an orientation toward customer service, this person will support users in inputting data correctly and analyze ACCME’s data for quality and reporting purposes.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the program and reporting requirements of ACCME, medical boards and other collaborative partners, including methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems.
- Support ACCME staff, volunteers, and CME providers in their use of ACCME proprietary applications.
- Provide consistent, accurate information and support to users about the requirements for entering program and activity data, registering activities, and reporting learners for collaborative programs. This includes answering email or phone questions from users about their implementation and recognizing when to escalate issues to ACCME senior staff.
- Support and contribute to projects to improve ACCME database systems and applications. Perform testing and quality assurance.
- Analyze data entered by ACCME volunteers and CME providers to validate its accuracy and completeness using evaluation procedures and queries designed for this purpose.
- Using a variety of analytical tools, define and produce standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of audit sampling, executive management reporting, and ACCME publications.
- Use off-the-shelf software to create and manage forms, invitations, and other tools to support ACCME’s business processes.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year program.
- Minimum of two years of work experience related to data analysis and customer support.
- Experience supporting users of complex software applications.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional applications, with expert knowledge of Excel, including use of pivot tables and Excel data analysis tools.
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation with a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with accrediting, licensing, regulatory, or credentialing organization preferred.
Reports to: Director of Data Services
Direct reports: None