The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Position Description: The Application Administrator performs a critical role in the monitoring, analysis and improvement of the ACCME’s Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) database to ensure quality of service provided to accredited organizations and other stakeholders in the CME community.
PARS is a web-based portal designed to streamline and support the collection of program and activity data from accredited continuing medical education (CME) providers. The ACCME uses the information collected in PARS to support the accreditation process and the informational needs of the CME community, medical specialty boards, the Food and Drug Administration and other stakeholders.
- Establish a deep understanding of the structure and function of the PARS database, including methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems.
- Using SSRS, and Tableau and/or Power BI, build ad-hoc and standard queries, visualizations and reports.
- Use queries and reports to monitor and analyze data quality, support the production of the ACCME Annual Data Report, and support requirements for data reporting to external organizations.
- Analyze data and application workflows to evaluate their effectiveness and efficiency in meeting end-user needs. Proactively work with staff from all business units, accredited providers and other stakeholders to understand requirements, procedures and problems. Recommend and document solutions to improve the PARS end-user experience.
- Coordinate work with database and application developers to implement approved changes.
- Serve as the super-user/administrator to the PARS system. Receive, understand and respond to Tier-2 end-user questions and issues according to established standards. Provide troubleshooting and general support for ACCME clients using webservices.
- Maintain PARS end-user documentation and work collaboratively with communications and education teams to update educational materials.
- Liaise with external organizations to further data standardization within the CME industry.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited degree program, or 2-year degree from accredited degree program + directly-applicable work experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional.
- Expert in Excel. Proficient in creating and using pivot tables for data analysis, and building Excel macros.
- Experience with XML schemas and their use in webservices.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Proficient with SQL Server management studio. Ability to create and test complex queries, aggregations, SQL views and stored procedures.
- Proficient with SQL Server Analysis Services, and SSRS.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
- An understanding of system development principles and project methodologies.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, collaborative team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation with a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- Experience with accreditation or credentialing organization, including an understanding of the healthcare and physician communities that comprise ACCME’s stakeholder group is preferred, but not required.
Reports to: Director of Information Technology