The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Communications Coordinator supports the implementation of communication strategies designed to promote the value of accredited continuing education for health professionals and to build engagement with the accredited continuing education community, clinicians, healthcare leaders, and other stakeholders. The Coordinator is responsible for supporting, organizing, and improving the ACCME’s communications via multiple channels including websites, social media, podcasts, e-newsletters, articles, and reports. Key responsibilities include management of websites, podcasts, email blasts and subscription lists; writing and editing for digital and print platforms; coordinating with internal and external stakeholders on communications projects; and identifying strategies to achieve communications goals. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support management of the ACCME website (Drupal 8 platform).
- Write, edit, and design new content in coordination with communications team and other teams across the organization.
- Maintain a website review schedule; coordinate regular content reviews to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging and design.
- Respond to daily website update requests from staff.
- Support selection of graphics, icons, and photography for website.
- Optimize existing web content to enhance user experience and SEO; identify strategies to improve user experience.
- Prepare reports tracking and analyzing website usage.
- Serve as liaison with website vendor.
- Prepare recommendations for website improvements to serve communications goals.
- Support management of Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education Website, in collaboration with Joint Accreditation team.
Social Media and Podcasts
- Support management of social media platforms for ACCME.
- Support implementation of social media strategy for Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education, including, including writing, editing, and proofing posts; and preparing graphics.
- Prepare quarterly reports and analysis of social media performance.
- Work with communications team to improve social media presence to increase followers and build visibility and engagement with the accredited continuing education community and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate podcast production, including scheduling, selecting topics, preparing questions, inviting guests, and coordinating with the production team.
- Manage ACCME and Joint Accreditation email subscription lists on our email marketing service, Emma.
- Maintain calendar of email blasts, newsletters, targeted announcements, and other email communications, in coordination with communications and other internal teams.
- Manage production and distribution of email blasts, in coordination with internal teams, including writing, editing, and graphic selection; formatting in email templates; testing and proofreading; and distributing.
- Support and coordinate implementation of communications and marketing strategies for events, new products, changes in requirements, and other initiatives (e.g. new physician web application, new database for accredited providers, ACCME Academy, annual meeting).
- Track and analyze marketing efforts for new physician web application.
- Support development and publication of ACCME and Joint Accreditation reports including the Annual Data Report, Joint Accreditation Leadership Summit Reports, and Year in Review Report.
- Assist with survey management and calls for comment; generate analyses of responses.
- Edit, proofread, and copyedit materials.
- Support marketing of annual meeting and other events.
- Attend ACCME and Joint Accreditation events (virtual and live) and assist with communications and marketing.
- Strategic communications initiatives as assigned.
- Support other projects as assigned.
Reports to: Vice President of Communications
Skills and Experience
- BA in Communications, Digital Media, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Proven experience writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading content for digital platforms and print
- Expertise in developing strategic communications messaging
- Ability to translate complex, nuanced issues into clear, compelling messages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a nonprofit, healthcare, education, accrediting, or regulatory organization a plus
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills; strong problem-solving skills; proactive approach to finding solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills; values a demanding, team-focused environment; ability to manage a multilayered content review process
- Flexible, adaptable, highly organized, detail-oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and function under deadline pressure
- Ability to engage with multiple audiences, including physicians and other healthcare professionals, educators, and the public
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional, including Excel
- Experience in website content management; experience with Drupal 8 a plus
- Experience with SEO, Google analytics, and HTML a plus
- Experience with email marketing services; familiarity with Emma a plus
- Graphic design skills a plus
We are seeking a BI/SQL developer that can support SSIS ETL processes and create Power BI dashboards and reports that will be embedded in a React single page application (SPA) and a SharePoint Intranet application. The ideal candidate will have at least one prior experience as the only BI developer on the team. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the ACCME proprietary PARS (Program and Activity Reporting System) application, including knowledge of the program and reporting requirements of medical boards and other collaborative partners, as well as methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems.
- Design, build, and maintain BI user interfaces such as dashboards and reports using SSRS and Power BI. Set up automated data refresh of dashboards to show the updated values from source data.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain SSIS processes that extract, transform, and load data into the Data Warehouse and BI data objects.
- Work with internal customers to formulate the requirements for their analytical problems and provide them with implementation support.
- Manage BI/SQL-related support issues raised by the business through to resolution and within defined support SLAs.
- Confidently participate in meetings and manage frequent communications with all levels of the organization including key stakeholders and senior management
- Proactively identify and engage available resources and subject matter experts to achieve your goals, with a strong ability to multitask and manage time and priorities under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Create and maintain documentation for BI and ETL tools and processes.
Reports to: Director, Information & Technology
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited degree program.
- 3-5 years professional work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-SQL BI components (SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, TSQL).
- Demonstrated experience creating, debugging, and modifying complex stored procedures and views, as well as querying and updating data using SQL
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Proficient knowledge relating to change management, code review, documentation, and testing.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems and translate data into informative visuals and reports.
- Self-motivated, collaborative team player with strong service orientation and a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with web services architecture, SaaS and PaaS environments. Familiarity with MS Azure a plus.