We work collaboratively with healthcare leaders and other stakeholders around the world to respond to the changing health environment and leverage the power of education to improve care for patients. This is accomplished through advancing education that addresses healthcare challenges from clinician well-being to public health priorities.
Throughout the years, the ACCME has supported CME initiatives with government, health system, and CME representatives from a wide range of countries.
The ACCME helped create the International Academy for CPD Accreditation, a network of colleagues, dedicated to promoting and enhancing continuing professional development (CPD) accreditation systems throughout the world. Established in 2013, the Academy serves as a platform that facilitates peer-to-peer support for leaders of CPD/CME accreditation systems and encourages networking, mentoring and interactions about common issues.
Our substantive equivalency framework facilitates recognition between continuing education accreditors and the ACCME. The framework defines substantive equivalency as a relationship between accreditors based on shared principles and values, while recognizing and accepting differences. For information about Substantive Equivalency, please email email@example.com.
The ACCME recognizes six CME organizations outside the US as substantively equivalent to the ACCME’s accreditation system:
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- The Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (Canada)
- European Board for Accreditation of CE for Health Professionals
- The Oman Medical Specialty Board as part of the Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman
- Accreditation Section of the Department of Healthcare Professions of the Qatar Ministry of Public Health
- The Federation of the German Chambers of Physicians
International Accredited Providers
ACCME also accredits organizations outside the US. We have welcomed organizations from Canada, Korea, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom to our CME community.