The following is a brief, up-to-date summary of PARS enhancements, with links to relevant FAQs, for your quick reference. Note that because PARS is an on-line application, PARS enhancements are available immediately to all users; no downloads are required to ensure that you are using the most up to date version of PARS.
Date Implemented: January 7, 2019
- Updated menu icons.
- New user interface for organization and people menu with improved filtering/sorting.
- Improved person profile layout when adding a new contact or group affiliation.
- Enabled functionality for all providers to view their Decision Report in a PDF Format.
- Updated Provider and Volunteer Dashboards to provide information relevant to the persona(s). User will only see forms, notifications, and other items relevant to their role as a provider or volunteer.
- Implemented functionality to require the user to set one contact as ‘Primary’ when none has been assigned. Also prevents a Primary Contact from being deselected when editing or archiving a Primary Contact.
- Improved visibility of checkmarks when selecting interview(s).
- Implemented functionality for new Progress Report Process.
- Removed the ‘Save to PDF’ button to simplify printing assessments.
- Added functionality for description of the process listing to be displayed on provider dashboard.
- Improved functionality for interview detail displayed for provider and volunteer dashboards.
- Ability to delete uploaded documents.
- Improved formatting for Performance in Practice assessment.
- Improved formatting for print to PDF export.
- Improved ability to have multiple affiliations per user.
- Improved performance for loading interview widget on volunteer dashboard.
- Improved document reference display.
- Improved functionality for group affiliations.
- Ability for surveyors to sign up for multiple interviews.
Date Implemented: January 1, 2017
- Enabled functionality to report learner completion data for American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) MOC points through web form, tab-delimited batch upload, XML batch upload and ACCME PARS Web Services.
Date Implemented: November 3, 2016
- Added functionality to register CME activities to offer American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) MOCA 2.0 credits and American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) MOC points through web form, XML batch upload and ACCME PARS Web Services.
- Added functionality to report learner completion data for American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) MOCA credits through web form, tab-delimited batch upload, XML batch upload and ACCME PARS Web Services.
- Documentation for batch upload and web service features updated.
Date Implemented: September 30, 2016
- Added functionality to register activities to offer American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC points through web form and XML batch upload.
Date Implemented: December 15, 2015
- Added functionality to report learner completion data for American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC points through web form, tab-delimited and XML batch uploads.
- Added ACCME PARS Web Services functionality for reporting activity data, ABIM MOC activity registration, and ABIM MOC learner completion data.
- Added downloadable report of activities registered for MOC.
Date Implemented: August 12, 2015
- Added a field to the REMS section of the Web-fill form for providers to report the RPC ID for RPC-funded ER/LA Opioid REMS activities. Please see this FAQ for more information about the RPC ID.
- Added an additional category to the REMS section of the Web-fill form for reporting participants whose profession is unknown.
Date Implemented: June 26, 2014
- Beginning with the 2015 Reporting Year, removed the option to report “Advertising and exhibit income,” “Income from other sources,” and “Expenses” for each activity entered.
- Beginning with the 2015 Reporting Year, removed the “Expenses” field from the Program Summary and replaced “Income from other sources” with “Total registration fees received,” “Total government monetary grants received,” and “Total private monetary donations received.”
- Beginning with activity records in the 2015 Reporting Year, changed several fields from being optional to being required in order to close the record. These fields include:
- the number of AMA-PRA Category 1 Credits designated
- the competencies that the activity was designed to address.
- the names of joint providers of the activity (jointly-provided activities only)
- the names of commercial supporters and the amount of monetary and/or type of in-kind support from each (commercially-supported activities only).
- Changed labels and text in the system interface to reflect the use of the expressions “other learners” in place of “non-physicians” and “providership” in place of “sponsorship”.
- Added new tab-delimited text and XML batch upload templates for use with activities assigned to Reporting Year 2015 to accommodate the changes described above. Please be sure to use the template appropriate to the Reporting Year of the activities that you are uploading to PARS.
Date Implemented: January 23, 2014
- For the 2014 Reporting Year, added an option for providers to identify which competencies an activity was designed to address. Available options include competencies of ACGME/ABMS, Institute of Medicine, Interprofessional Education Collaborative, and “Other.”
- Added new tab-delimited text and XML batch upload templates for use with activities assigned to Reporting Year 2014 to accommodate the new competency fields.
- Implemented modifications to improve the PARS user experience based on feedback from accredited providers, including:
- improved navigation when searching for and editing activities using the Web-fill form
- increased speed for generating user reports
- added a function enabling providers to filter the “Download All Activities” report by reporting year
Date Implemented: November 1, 2013
- Added an option on the activity Web-fill form for providers to submit information about REMS CME activities and the ability to generating reports containing data about those activities. For more information about REMS and the role of the ACCME and accredited providers, please see the REMS Fact Sheet.
Date Implemented: January 17, 2013
- Enhanced the activity Tab-Delimited Batch Upload process to automatically remove prohibited codes and characters from uploaded text files. This change will reduce Tab-Delimited Batch Upload errors.
Date Implemented: December 17, 2012
- Changed the Organization Profile tab to dislay all users associated with an organization, including those who are not assigned as the Primary, Billing or CEO contact.
Date Implemented: January 13, 2012
- Added report “Download Summary of Closed Activities” on the Activities tab that sums data entered for all Closed activities for a specified Reporting Year, including financial data entered into Program Summary.
Date Implemented: December 20, 2011
- Added report “Download Activities Selected for Review” that is available to providers on the Activities tab when their accrediting organization has selected activities in support of the accreditation process.
Date Implemented: July 28, 2011
- Added the ability to delete more than one activity at a time. (see How do I delete more than one activity at a time? FAQ for more information.)
- Added the ability to copy data from an existing activity into a new activity.
- A system validation process was implemented to ensure that providers cannot “Attest” that the data for a Reporting Year is complete unless all activities for that Reporting Year are “closed” and all fields on the Program Summary have been completed.
Date Implemented: June 15, 2011
- Added pop-up screen when using “Add Activity” link or button for user to indicate Reporting Year for the activity(s) being added.
- Added pop-up screen when using “Batch Upload Activities” link or button for user to indicate the Reporting Years for activity uploads.
- Changed reporting of In-Kind Commercial Support for activities occurring in 2011 or later
(see How do we report in-kind support? FAQ for additional information).
- Added “Reporting Year 20XX” label (based on what year was selected) to Batch Upload screen so that users can verify that they are uploading to the correct range of years.
- Added notification to “Attestation” section of Program Summary page to inform users that they will no longer be able to edit activity information for the current reporting year once the Attestation button is clicked.
- Added a notification when user attempts to add an activity to a Reporting Year for which the Attestation has already been completed.
- Removed the option to add an activity for reporting years more than one year in advance.
- Added the following help links:
- “Total Monetary Amount Received” for activities in 2011 Reporting Year and later,
- “Total Value of Commercial Support Received (monetary or in-kind)?” for activities in 2010 Reporting Year and before, on Batch Upload pages to explain changes in Batch Uploading for 2011 Reporting Year and later, and
- in “Attestation” Section
- Renamed existing tab-delimited text and XML batch upload templates to reflect their use with activities assigned to Reporting Years 2010 and earlier. NOTE: Please do not use these templates for activities assigned to Reporting Years 2011 and beyond.
- Added new tab-delimited text and XML batch upload templates for use with activities assigned to Reporting Year 2011. NOTE: Please do not use 2010 templates for activities assigned to Reporting Years 2011 and beyond.