We work collaboratively with healthcare leaders and other stakeholders in the US and around the world to respond to the changing health environment and leverage the power of education to improve care for patients. This is accomplished through advancing education that addresses healthcare challenges from clinician well-being to public health priorities.
Our Collaborations Include:
- US State/Territory Medical Societies to ensure that all accredited providers in the ACCME System meet high standards for educational excellence and independence.
- The American Medical Association (AMA) to simplify and align our expectations for accredited CME activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- ABMS member boards to simplify and align the Maintenance of Certification process to better meet the needs of diplomates and to facilitate the integration of CME and MOC.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to to participate in the FDA Opioid Analgesics Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS).
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to include accredited CME as an improvement activity in the Quality Payment Program (QPP).
- Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing EducationTM to promote interprofessional education (IPE) activities specifically designed to improve interprofessional collaborative practice (IPCP) in healthcare delivery.
- International accreditors to develop shared principles for continuing professional development for clinicians and teams around the world.