The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
The Data Systems Analyst is responsible for providing support to ACCME providers, collaboration partners, staff and volunteers in their use and understanding of ACCME’s proprietary data collection systems, including the Program and Activity Reporting System. This person will support providers in inputting data correctly and analyze ACCME’s data for quality and reporting purposes.
The person in this position will work closely with ACCME’s information technology, accreditation and education teams to ensure that ACCME’s data services produce high quality products that meet the needs of accredited organizations and other stakeholders in the ACCME system.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the program and reporting requirements of ACCME, medical boards and other collaborative partners, including methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems.
- Support ACCME staff, volunteers, and CME providers in their use of ACCME proprietary applications.
- Provide consistent, accurate information and support to accredited providers about the requirements for entering program and activity data, registering activities and reporting learners for collaborative programs. This includes answering email or phone questions from accredited providers about their implementation, and recognizing when to escalate issues to ACCME senior staff.
- Support and contribute to projects to improve ACCME database systems and applications. Perform testing and quality assurance.
- Analyze data entered by ACCME volunteers and CME providers to validate its accuracy and completeness using evaluation procedures and queries designed for this purpose.
- Using a variety of analytical tools, define and produce standard and ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of audit sampling, executive management reporting, and ACCME publications.
- Use off-the-shelf software to create and manage forms, invitations, and other tools to support ACCME’s business processes.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from accredited 4-year program.
- Minimum of two years of work experience related to data analysis and customer support.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional applications, with expert knowledge of MS Access and Excel, including use of pivot tables and Excel data analysis tools.
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio and Report Services preferred.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation with a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- Experience with accrediting, licensing or credentialing organization preferred.
Reports to: Director, Data Services
Direct reports: None
Prepared: January 2019