The ACCME and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) have collaborated to simplify the integration of Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and accredited CME. We formed this collaboration to expand the number and diversity of accredited CME activities that offer lifelong learning and self-assessment MOC points, and to streamline the process for registering CME activities in ABP’s MOC program. We developed the collaboration in response to requests from physicians and accredited CME providers.
For general information about registering CME activities for MOC credit, please see our CME in Support of MOC webpage.
On this webpage
Along with the required ABP MOC Statement that must appear on all MOC activity materials and brochures distributed by accredited organizations (see The American Board of Pediatrics Lifelong Learning and Self-assessment for MOC Part 2 CME Provider Program Manual), accredited providers within the ACCME System are welcome to use the CME\ABP MOC badge to identify and promote CME activities that are registered for ABP MOC points. Use of the badge is optional and may appear on any activity materials, brochures, and announcements that promote CME activities that also earn ABP MOC points. Accredited providers may determine the size and placement of the badge; however, providers are not permitted to make changes to the badge.
Accredited providers are required to submit learner completion data for each activity registered as meeting ABP MOC requirements via PARS.
- Activity registration: Effective 11/1/16, activities taking place in 2017 can be registered in PARS for ABP MOC. PARS will not accept activities that took place prior to the 2017 Reporting Year.
- Participant data submission for ABP MOC will be available in early 2017.
- Registering CME Activities for MOC Points: A step-by-step tutorial for CME providers
- Ask ACCME About CME that Counts for MOC Basics
- Ask ACCME About CME and ABP MOC
- Archived Webinar: CME that Counts for ABA MOCA 2.0 and ABP MOC: A recording of the 60-minute webinar “CME that Counts for ABA MOCA 2.0 and ABP MOC" held on November 16, 2016. The webinar includes an overview of the collaboration, a description of how to register CME activities and submit participant data for MOC programs in PARS, and a question and answer session with ACCME staff.
- Archived Webinar: CME that Counts for MOC: A recording of the 60 minute webinar, "CME that Counts for MOC," held on March 15, 2017. The webinar, with the American Board of Anesthesiology® (ABA®), American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), and ABP, included information about the past year’s collaborations and insights from CME providers that have already been registering activities for MOC. In addition, we discussed the new developments and opportunities that are expected in the coming year, and answered questions from webinar participants.
- The American Board of Pediatrics Lifelong Learning and Self-assessment for MOC Part 2 CME Provider Program Manual: The requirements accredited CME providers must meet to have their activities recognized in ABP’s MOC program
While participant data submission is not currently available, providers can review the resources below for their future implementation:
- Ask ACCME about Submitting Participant Data in PARS
- Technical Information for Submitting Data via Batch Upload or Web Services
Accredited CME providers: Please contact the ACCME at email@example.com.
ABP-certified physicians: Please contact ABP at MOCAMpeds@abpeds.org.