The following fields are required to establish, or “open” an activity in PARS:
The following fields are required to complete, or “close,” an activity in PARS.
- Providership (Direct or Joint)
- Hours of instruction
- Designed to change (Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes)?
- Changes in (Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes) evaluated?
- Number of physicians (including residents) who participated in the activity
- Number of other learners who participated in the activity
- Commercial support received? (Y/N)
- If Yes, Total Monetary Amount of Commercial Support Received and/or Nature of In-Kind Commercial Support Received
- Competencies addressed
- Name(s) of joint providers (jointly provided activities only)
- Name(s) of commercial supporter(s) and monetary amount/nature of in-kind support received from each supporter.
- AMA-PRA Category 1 Credits Designated
There are three (3) components of your organization’s year-end reporting:
- Enter all of your activities for the year and ensure that they are "Closed". See What data are providers required to enter into PARS? for more information about reporting requirements.
- Complete the required information on the Program Summary tab. Once you have entered the appropriate information on the Program Summary tab, be sure to click on the “Save Program Summary” button.
- Attest that your data is complete and ready for review.
For more information, visit our page on Data Reporting Requirements.