The ACCME and the American Board of Pathology (ABPath) have collaborated to simplify the integration of Continuing Certification (formerly Maintenance of Certification or MOC) and accredited CME. All accredited providers in the ACCME System are now welcome to register their activities in the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) for ABPath Continuing Certification credits.
For general information about registering CME activities for Continuing Certification credit, please see our CME in Support of MOC webpage.
Accredited CME providers use the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) to register activities for CME that counts for ABPath Continuing Certification.
You can register activities that began on or after January 1, 2018. If you have already registered activities in PARS for 2018, you can update your data to include ABPath Continuing Certification registration. Please note that you will need to collect and keep learner data, as you will be responsible for entering that data into PARS later this year.
As part of this registration process, providers need to:
- Attest to compliance with ABPath Continuing Certification requirements as described in Accredited CME that Counts for the ABPath MOC Program: Requirements for Accredited Providers
- Agree to collect the required individual learner completion data and submit it via PARS
- Agree to abide by ABPath/ACCME requirements for use of the data
- Agree to allow ACCME to publish data about the activity on ACCME’s website
- Agree to comply with requests for information about the activity if the activity is selected for an audit by the ACCME.
Credit types: You can register activities for the following credit types: Lifelong Learning (Part II), Self-Assessment module (SAM), and/or Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV).
Learner completion data: PARS is now open for learner data submission.
Accredited providers are required to submit learner completion data via PARS for each activity registered as meeting ABPath Continuing Certification requirements. We encourage you to submit learner data as soon as possible after the activity is completed, so that ABPath can apply the credits to physicians' records. Learner data submission methods include web services (see additional information below), batch upload, and manual data entry.
Timeline: Learner completion data for CME that Counts for ABPath Continuing Certification should be submitted in PARS no later than December 31 of the year during which the activity was completed.
Accredited providers must clearly indicate to learners that the activity has been registered to offer credit in the ABPath Continuing Certification program on activity materials and brochures, with the exception of initial, save-the-date type activity announcements.
This language must include:
- The specific credit type(s) available (Lifelong Learning (Part II), Self-Assessment Module (SAM), and/or Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV))
- The number of credits available
In addition, accredited providers may use the ABPath logo. Use of the logo is optional and may appear on any activity materials, brochures, and announcements that promote CME activities that also earn ABPath Continuing Certification credits. Accredited providers may determine the size and placement of the logo; however, providers are not permitted to make changes to the logo. Click here to download the logo.
We encourage you to register your activities as soon as possible, so that diplomates can find out about them. Activities registered for ABPath Continuing Certification will be displayed in CME Finder, our online CME search tool that provides a one-stop resource for physicians seeking to earn Continuing Certification or MOC credits by participating in accredited CME.
- ZIP File: ABPath Logo
- FAQ: ABPath Continuing Certification
- FAQ: CME that Counts for MOC Basics
- Archived Webinar: CME that Counts for MOC