Entering Activities in PARS Using the Web Form
Each year, accredited providers enter details about their accredited activities in PARS. This tutorial shows how to enter an activity in PARS using the web form. For information on entering activities via batch upload, see here.
- To begin, log in to PARS here.
- From your home page, select the “Program and Activity Data” button.
- A new tab will open in your browser as shown below. Click the link indicated to report activities.
- From the activities tab, select the “Add Activity” button.
- A pop-up will appear, asking for the Reporting Year of the activity you are adding. Choose the correct year from the drop-down, then click “Continue”.
- A blank activity form will appear. Complete all fields to “close” the activity. Activities entered with partial information will remain “open” until all fields are completed.
The first section of the form asks for basic information about the activity, including the title and date. The blue question marks contain more information about each field if you have questions
- Next, you will need to enter information about how the activity was designed and attended. Indicate whether the activity was designed to change competence, performance, and/or patient outcomes, and whether those changes were evaluated. Then select at least one competency from the expandable list. Finally, enter the number of physicians and other learners that completed the activity.
- Next you will be asked about any commercial support received for this activity. If this activity did not receive commercial support, select “No” and move on to the next section.
If this activity did receive commercial support, select “Yes.” You will see a new section appear. Select the name of the commercial support source from the list or enter the name in the text box to the right of the list. Then, enter the amount of monetary support received and indicate the type of any in-kind support received.
If you received support from more than one source, use the “+” symbol on the bottom left to add another support source.
- The last three sections of the activity entry screen refer to special programs. If this activity is not participating in CME for MIPS, CME for MOC, or CME for FDA REMS, you can skip these sections.
- Remember to save the activity at the bottom of the screen.
- After the activity is saved, you will see a confirmation message.
- The new activity now appears in your activity list. If you do not see the activity, you may need to toggle between the open and closed activities tab.