Register for Virtual Accreditation Workshop; Coming in Late Summer: Enhanced Version of CME Finder; Learn Well with ACCME Academy
REGISTER FOR VIRTUAL ACCREDITATION WORKSHOP
Registration is now open for the ACCME 2021 Accreditation Workshop! This blended learning experience is an essential professional development opportunity for those who are new to accredited continuing education. Through both asynchronous content on ACCME Academy and engagement in two days of virtual meetings, we will explore together the ACCME’s requirements and expectations for accreditation and learn how to apply them. You can find more information about who should attend this workshop, what to expect, and how to register at www.accmeworkshop.org.
We’re offering a special opportunity to bundle your workshop registration with access to the ACCME Academy course, “Newcomers’ Introduction to Accredited Continuing Education Curriculum” at a discounted rate. Check out the Newcomers’ Add-on webpage on the workshop website for more information.
COMING IN LATE SUMMER: ENHANCED VERSION OF CME FINDER
We’re excited to provide another update about the new, improved Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS), set to launch in late summer. As part of the improvements, we’re enhancing CME Finder, the free search tool that helps physicians find accredited CME activities that meet their needs.
CME Finder Enhancements
- More activities: CME Finder will display any current or future activities that you, as the provider, choose to include. It will no longer be limited to activities that are registered for MOC, MIPS, or REMS.
- More search filters: Physicians will be able to quickly search by activity format, date, types of credit offered, topic, location, keyword, specialty, and other details.
- Personalized accounts: Physicians will be able to create a personalized account, enabling them to view their reported CME and MOC credits and generate transcripts for their state medical board, certifying board, employer, or other regulatory authority.
Why Are We Enhancing PARS and CME Finder?
We’ve heard from stakeholders that an integrated, centralized data system is essential for reducing burdens on learners; better serving our accredited provider community; meeting the needs of credentialing, certifying, and licensing authorities; and increasing the value of accredited CME. Toward that end, the new PARS will give you the option to enter, track, and manage physician-learner data for all your accredited activities, not only those activities registered for MOC.
Read more about the features and benefits of new PARS here.
NOW AVAILABLE: 2020 ACCME DATA REPORT
The ACCME Data Report: Rising to the Challenge in Accredited Continuing Education – 2020 is now available, featuring data from a community of 1,680 accredited organizations that offer physicians, other healthcare professionals, and healthcare teams an array of continuing education resources to promote high-quality, safe, and effective care for patients. Despite the unprecedented challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, accredited providers adapted nimbly, redesigning learning environments to offer critically needed skills and support to physicians and teams. Learn more here.
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PAS ADOPTS NEW STANDARDS
We’re pleased to announce that the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) has adopted the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. In adopting the standards, AAPA joins other accrediting bodies representing multiple health professions. Read more here.
Education and Resources
LEARN WELL WITH ACCME ACADEMY
Have you created your ACCME Academy account yet? Since the launch of the Academy earlier this month, more than 500 users from almost 350 organizations have completed more than 150 courses. Log in to ACCME Academy here.
What You'll Find in ACCME Academy
- Courses and curricula to help you design and deliver engaging, effective accredited education, promote faculty development, achieve Accreditation with Commendation, and more.
- Resources for fulfilling accreditation requirements, using PARS, engaging clinicians, and engaging patients as partners in CE planning and teaching.
- Support tools to augment the professional development of your CE team.
- A community of practice that enables you to learn from and with your colleague educators.
All accredited providers in the ACCME System (ACCME-accredited, state-accredited, and jointly accredited providers) received three complimentary user accounts to use through 2021. For more information, visit our ACCME Academy webpage here.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
STANDARDS RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOUR TRANSITION
We are continuing to create and publish resources to support your successful transition to the new Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. The following resources are available:
- Transition Checklist (PDF and Word)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Toolkit for the Standards for Integrity and Independence
For more resources and information, visit our Standards webpage.
COVID-19 VACCINE CLINICIAN AND EDUCATOR RESOURCES
Now that vaccine-related education is widely available, we have archived the searchable database on LearnToVaccinate.org. However, we'll continue to host links to educational resources for both clinicians and educators on our website, available on our COVID-19 Vaccine Clinician and Educator Resources webpage. Thank you to our accredited providers who submitted approximately 120 accredited continuing education activities—we appreciate the work you do every day to provide high-quality, trusted education to clinicians and teams.
Connect With Us
BEYOND PRIDE: RECOGNIZING DIVERSITY IN HEALTHCARE
In his latest LinkedIn article, ACCME President and CEO Dr. Graham McMahon shares his experience as a gay clinician, patient, and father, and describes the important role of continuing education in improving care for the LGBTQ+ community. Read here.
The ACCME has two position openings. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST: We are seeking a Program Support Specialist to support accredited providers, collaboration partners, staff, and volunteers in their use and understanding of the ACCME's Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
- COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR: We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to support and improve the ACCME’s communications via multiple channels including websites, social media, podcasts, e-newsletters, articles, and reports.