New Contact Types in PARS
In response to suggestions and questions from accredited CME providers, we have added three new optional fields for contact information in the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS). These new fields are optional — as before, the only required contact person you need to designate is your organization’s primary contact.
New Optional Contact Types
- ACCME Website Contact: Use this field to identify the person who serves in a customer service capacity to address inquiries and triage questions from external users and physicians. This person will be published as your organization’s contact in the Find a CME Provider section on the ACCME’s website. If you do not designate a person in this role, your organization’s Primary Contact will be published on the ACCME’s website.
- Technical Contact: Use this field to identify the person who is responsible for information systems and technical updates related to your work in PARS.
- Medical Director: Use this field to identify the person, usually a physician or healthcare professional, who assists or leads your organization’s efforts in content planning, faculty selection, and/or faculty development. The ACCME may communicate with this person about regional or national ACCME activities that might be of interest to healthcare professionals involved in CME.
As a reminder, here is information about the contact fields that previously existed in PARS.
- Primary Contact (Required): The person who receives all official ACCME communications and is ACCME’s first point of contact for any questions or issues related to the organization’s accreditation. Each organization is required to designate one person as the primary contact.
- Billing Contact (Optional): The person who receives ACCME invoices and other payment-related information. If a billing contact is not designated, invoices will be sent to the primary contact.
- CEO Contact (Optional): The person in an executive leadership role who is ultimately responsible for the organization's ACCME accredited CME program.
- Staff (Optional): Use this field to enter anyone who you want to have access to your organization’s records in PARS. This is typically an employee of the accredited CME provider.