Here are resources to help accredited continuing education (CE) providers to deliver education in response to COVID-19. If you have any questions about accreditation requirements or any aspect of accredited education related to COVID-19, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help.
Please visit the COVID-19 Clinician Resources webpage for a list of accredited CE activities and other resources for clinicians. Please use the Coronavirus Resources Submission Form to submit your activities and resources for posting on the clinician Resources page.
We held a webinar on March 26, 2020, to discuss strategies for supporting the evolving needs of your learners during this crisis. Topics included: how to virtualize an existing live meeting, rapidly accredit a continuing education activity, facilitate workplace-based learning, and provide directed training to individuals and teams.
Changing Live Activities to Other Formats
- Archived Webinar: Planning the ACCME 2020 Online Meeting: Behind the Scenes
- FAQ: Activity Reporting
- Tutorial: Changing Activity Formats in PARS
CME for MOC
Here are suggestions and resources to help you provide physicians with current, relevant COVID-19 education that also helps them meet Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements. Whether you are currently offering CME that counts for MOC, or are just getting started, here are some tips to help.
- Blog post: Responding to COVID-19: CME for MOC
- CME for MOC Beginner’s Guide
- CME that Counts for MOC Webpage
- ABIM temporarily suspended the peer review requirement through 12/31/2020 only for accredited CME activities related to COVID-19. Read more.
- Free Services from Webinar Vendors During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Best Practices for Creating a Virtual Meeting: Tips for Planners
- Best Practices for Planning and Leading Virtual Meetings: Tips for Faculty
- PDF: Planning Form for Expedited Accredited Activities
- Word: Planning Form for Expedited Accredited Activities
- Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions: Resources for Coping with COVID-19 Contingencies in Healthcare CPD
- American Medical Association: Mask Up: Stop the spread of COVID-19
- Federation of State Medical Boards: States Modifying Licensure Requirements for Physicians in Response to COVID-19
- Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education: SACME Resources for COVID-19