ACGME's Next Accreditation System: Introduction and Opportunities for CME
In a four-part video interview series, Timothy P. Brigham, MDiv, PhD, Chief of Staff and Senior Vice-President, Department of Education, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, (ACGME), discusses how the ACGME’s Next Accreditation System (NAS), supports physicians’ continuous professional development and explores opportunities for medical education accreditors and hospital leaders to collaborate to improve health care safety and quality. This series is part of our efforts to support alignment across the medical education continuum.
- An Introduction to the ACGME's Next Accreditation System (NAS) (Part 1 of 4)
- Understanding the ACGME Milestones: Applications and Opportunities for Accredited CME (Part 2 of 4)
- Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) Visits: A Meeting Point for GME and CME (Part 3 of 4)
- Knitting the Continuum Together: Seizing the Opportunity to Improve Medical Education (Part 4 of 4)
As we previously announced, the ACCME has also produced the following video interviews focusing on the strategic value CME brings to graduate medical education.
- Case Study: Integrating CME and GME—Jane Nester, DrPH, Executive Director for Medical Education/AHEC at Moses Cone Hospital, describes how she demonstrates the strategic value of CME to graduate medical education.
- Using CME to Engage Community Physicians in Quality and Teaching—Rani Gereige, MD, Director of Medical Education, Miami Children’s Hospital, discusses CME as a bridge between practice improvement, graduate medical education faculty development, and institutional goals.
Visit the Education section of our Web site to access our complete library of multimedia education resources including video interviews, Q&A, tutorials, and commentaries.