Educational Tools to Assist New Accredited CME Providers
The ACCME welcomes organizations seeking to apply for accreditation and congratulates those that have achieved Provisional Accreditation. The following resources may be helpful if your organization is considering applying for accreditation or to help your organization successfully transition from Provisional Accreditation to full Accreditation. More information about eligibility, the pre-application process, and the initial application process is available here.
Video FAQ: In these brief videos, Murray Kopelow, MD, President and CEO, ACCME, answers providers’ questions about the accreditation requirements.
- How would you explain the ACCME 2006 Accreditation Criteria for accredited CME in general terms?
- How do we identify the professional practice gaps of “our own learners” and how does that relate to their "scope of practice"?
- Can you explain how Criteria 2, 3, and 11 support CME activity planning to change competence, performance, or patient outcomes?
- What are the ACCME’s expectations for “analyzing changes” achieved as a result of the CME program’s activities?
- Can you explain the ACCME 2006 Accreditation Criteria as it relates to a provider's process for continuous quality improvement?
- How can I make it easier to engage my stakeholders in the planning of accredited CME activities?
Tutorials: Each of these Web pages features a collection of resources addressing a specific area.