ACCME Participates in Medical Education Leadership Initiatives
The ACCME participated in the following meetings during the past few months as part of its ongoing collaboration with member organizations. Through joint leadership initiatives, the ACCME and member organizations identify and implement strategies for improving physicians' continuing professional development and patient care.
- ACCME executive staff members participated in American Board of Medical Specialties Maintenance of Certification® Committee meetings held in May and June in Chicago. The ACCME has provided ongoing support for the ABMS MOC® initiative.
- Kate Regnier, MA, MBA, Deputy Chief Executive and COO, ACCME, participated in a meeting of the American Hospital Association (AHA) Committee on Clinical Leadership, held in Denver in June. Committee members discussed the role of CME as a strategic partner in hospital initiatives to improve health care quality, safety, and delivery.
- The American Hospital Association’s Physician Leadership Forum held a webinar “Using CME for Delivery System Improvement” in June. James F. Burke, MD, Chair, ACCME Board of Directors, and Senior Vice President and Chief Physician Executive, Scottsdale Healthcare; and Charles Finch, DO, Chief Academic Officer, Scottsdale Healthcare, shared their efforts to use CME offerings to align physicians across the health care system and to drive performance improvement. The recorded webinar and presentation slides are available here.
- Murray Kopelow, MD, President and CEO, ACCME participated in the American Medical Association (AMA) Council on Medical Education Networking and Stakeholders’ Forum held in June in Chicago. Participants discussed how the Affordable Care Act will affect medical education in the US.
- Steve Singer, PhD, Director, Education and Outreach, ACCME, attended the 5th Annual Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Integrating Quality Meeting: Improving Value and Educating for Quality held in June in Chicago. The interprofessional program brought together participants from health care institutions to share strategies for enhancing the culture of quality in clinical care and health professions education.
- Dr. Kopelow attended the CEOs session at the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) 2013 Spring Meeting held in Chicago in May.