ACCME Releases New Strategic Plan
Over the past year, the ACCME Board of Directors and executive leadership, together with our entire staff, engaged in a strategic planning process. To build our vision of the future, we reviewed our trajectory, identified opportunities and challenges, and interviewed stakeholders to gain their insights and perspectives. The ACCME Strategic Plan 2018–2021: Transforming Education to Improve Health, addresses these interconnected opportunities and challenges, and aims to promote an even more dynamic CME enterprise that is well-positioned to adapt to the changing educational needs and expectations of clinician-learners today and in the years to come.
The strategic plan comprises six priority areas:
- Strategic Goal 1: AUGMENT Awareness of CME’s Value
- Strategic Goal 2: ASSURE Accreditation Quality and Equivalency
- Strategic Goal 3: ACCELERATE the Evolution of CME
- Strategic Goal 4: ASSIST CME Educators
- Strategic Goal 5: ADVANCE Data Systems
- Strategic Goal 6: ADVOCATE for CME Scholarship
The objectives of this strategic plan are ambitious, but we believe that together with our staff, leadership, colleagues in the CME community, and our stakeholders across the health system, we can realize our shared vision of leveraging education’s awesome power to improve the quality of care for the patients and communities we serve.
Download the strategic plan here (PDF).