What data are providers required to enter into PARS?
The following fields are required to establish, or “open” an activity in PARS:
- Activity Type (e.g. Course, Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS), Enduring Material, etc.)
- Activity Title
- Activity Date
- Activity Location (Courses and RSS only)
- Reporting Year
The following fields are required to complete, or “close,” an activity in PARS.
- Providership (Direct or Joint)
- Hours of Instruction
- Designed to change (Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes)?
- Changes in (Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes) evaluated?
- Number of physicians (including residents) who participated in the activity
- Number of other learners who participated in the activity
- Commercial Support Received? (Y/N)
- If Yes, Total Monetary Amount of Commercial Support Received and/or Nature of In-Kind Commercial Support Received
- Competencies Addressed
- Name(s) of Joint Providers (jointly-provided activities only)
- Name(s) of commercial supporter(s) and monetary amount/nature of in-kind support received from each supporter.
- AMA-PRA Category 1 Credits Designated
Also, you are required to complete financial data on the Program Summary tab in PARS for each Reporting Year.
The Program Summary tab includes:
- Total amount of monetary commercial support received
- Total advertising and exhibit income received
- Total registration fees received
- Total government monetary grants received
- Total private monetary donations received
You must enter all of your organization's program and activity data for a completed Reporting Year and complete the Attestation by the last business day of the following March to allow for the calculation of the ACCME Annual Report data.