What is the ABA’s MOCA 2.0 Part 2 requirement?
The ABA’s MOCA 2.0 Part 2 requirement is 250 credits of CME activities over a 10-year cycle that meet the following criteria:
- All credits must be Category 1 CME activities:
- ACCME/AMA PRA-approved
- American Osteopathic Association Category 1-A
- Accredited CPD credits issued by the Royal College of Physicians of Canada and the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
- No more than 70 credits per calendar year (completed between 2006 and 2012) will be credited toward the requirement.
- No more than 60 credits per calendar year (completed in or after 2013) will be credited toward the requirement.
- At least 20 credits of ABA-approved Patient Safety CME.
Self-Assessment CMEs are no longer required. Diplomates who previously completed Self-Assessment CMEs will receive credit for them in MOCA 2.0, as will diplomates who complete Self-Assessment CMEs in the future.