The ACCME and the American Board of Pathology (ABPath) have collaborated to simplify the integration of Continuing Certification (formerly Maintenance of Certification or MOC) and accredited CME. All accredited providers in the ACCME System are now welcome to register their activities in the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) for ABPath Continuing Certification credits.
For general information about registering CME activities for Continuing Certification credit, please see our CME in Support of MOC webpage.
ON THIS WEBPAGE
ABPath Continuing Certification Requirements: All accredited providers in the ACCME System can register their activities in PARS for ABPath Continuing Certification credit as long as they meet the ABPath requirements, as described in “Accredited CME that Counts for the ABPath MOC Program: Requirements for Accredited Providers.”
Credit types: You can register activities for the following credit types: Lifelong Learning (Part II), Self-Assessment module (SAM), and/or Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV).
Activity registration: You can register activities that began on or after January 1, 2018. If you have already registered activities in PARS for 2018, you can update your data to include ABPath Continuing Certification registration. Please note that you will need to collect and keep learner data, as you will be responsible for entering that data into PARS later this year.
Learner completion data: PARS will be open for learner data submission later this year. We will inform you when this functionality becomes available.
CME Finder: Activities registered for ABPath Continuing Certification will be displayed in CME Finder, our online CME search tool that provides a one-stop resource for physicians seeking to earn Continuing Certification or MOC credits by participating in accredited CME.
Accredited providers must clearly indicate to learners that the activity has been registered to offer credit in the ABPath Continuing Certification program on activity materials and brochures, with the exception of initial, save-the-date type activity announcements.
This language must include:
- The specific credit type(s) available (Lifelong Learning (Part II), Self-Assessment Module (SAM), and/or Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV))
- The number of credits available
In addition, accredited providers may use the ABPath logo. Use of the logo is optional and may appear on any activity materials, brochures, and announcements that promote CME activities that also earn ABPath Continuing Certification credits. Accredited providers may determine the size and placement of the logo; however, providers are not permitted to make changes to the logo.
- Accredited CME that Counts for the ABPath MOC Program: Requirements for Accredited Providers
- ABPath Continuing Certification FAQs
- Registering CME Activities for MOC Points: A step-by-step tutorial for CME providers
- Ask ACCME About CME that Counts for MOC Basics
- Archived Webinar: CME that Counts for MOC: During this 60-minute webinar, recorded on March 15, 2017, staff from the ACCME, American Board of Anesthesiology® (ABA®), American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), and American Board of Pediatrics (ABP), describe opportunities for CME providers and answer questions; in addition, CME providers share their approaches to registering activities that count for MOC.
Providers can review the resources below for information on participant data submission:
- Ask ACCME about Submitting Participant Data in PARS
- Technical Information for Submitting Data via Batch Upload or Web Services
Accredited CME providers: Please contact the ACCME at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABPath-certified physicians: Please contact ABPath at John@abpath.org.