Upon launch, only fields that are currently required by ACCME for reaccreditation purposes or were previously required on the Annual Report are required by PARS.
- content areas,
- subcategories for courses,
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits Designated
- names of joint sponsors and commercial supporters,
- the nature of in-kind support, and
- some activity-specific income and expense information.
Entry of these additional data is optional. The purpose of collecting additional information is to enable the ACCME and its providers to gain a more detailed and comprehensive picture of the national CME enterprise. This information could assist the ACCME and its providers in demonstrating the value and scope of CME.