The following fields are required to establish, or “open” an activity in PARS:
- Activity Type (e.g. Course, Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS), Enduring Material, etc.)
- Activity Title
- Activity Date
- Activity Location (Courses and RSS only)
- Reporting Year
The following fields are required to complete, or “close,” an activity in PARS.
- Providership (Direct or Joint)
- Hours of Instruction
- Designed to change (Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes)?
- Changes in (Competence, Performance or Patient Outcomes) evaluated?
- Number of physicians (including residents) who participated in the activity
- Number of other learners who participated in the activity
- Commercial Support Received? (Y/N)
- If Yes, Total Monetary Amount of Commercial Support Received and/or Nature of In-Kind Commercial Support Received
- Competencies Addressed
- Name(s) of Joint Providers (jointly-provided activities only)
- Name(s) of commercial supporter(s) and monetary amount/nature of in-kind support received from each supporter.
- AMA-PRA Category 1 Credits Designated
Also, you are required to complete financial data on the Program Summary tab in PARS for each Reporting Year.
The Program Summary tab includes:
1. Total amount of monetary commercial support received
2. Total advertising and exhibit income received
3. Total registration fees received
4. Total government monetary grants received
5. Total private monetary donations received
You must enter all of your organization's program and activity data for a completed Reporting Year and complete the Attestation by the last business day of the following March to allow for the calculation of the ACCME Annual Report data.