The following is a brief, up-to-date summary of PARS enhancements, with links to relevant FAQs, for your quick reference. Note that because PARS is an on-line application, PARS enhancements are available immediately to all users; no downloads are required to ensure that you are using the most up to date version of PARS.
Throughout this page you will notice that there are many hyperlinks within the description of what improvements have been made to PARS. Clicking on these links will take you to additional information on that topic within the Education and Training pages of the ACCME website.
Date Implemented: June 15, 2011
- Added pop-up screen when using “Add Activity” link or button for user to indicate Reporting Year for the activity(s) being added.
- Added pop-up screen when using “Batch Upload Activities” link or button for user to indicate the Reporting Years for activity uploads.
- Changed reporting of In-Kind Commercial Support for activities occurring in 2011 or later
(see How do we report in-kind support? FAQ for additional information).
- Added “Reporting Year 20XX” label (based on what year was selected) to Batch Upload screen so that users can verify that they are uploading to the correct range of years.
- Added notification to “Attestation” section of Program Summary page to inform users that they will no longer be able to edit activity information for the current reporting year once the Attestation button is clicked.
- Added a notification when user attempts to add an activity to a Reporting Year for which the Attestation has already been completed.
- Removed the option to add an activity for reporting years more than one year in advance.
- Added the following help links:
- “Total Monetary Amount Received” for activities in 2011 Reporting Year and later,
- “Total Value of Commercial Support Received (monetary or in-kind)?” for activities in 2010 Reporting Year and before, on Batch Upload pages to explain changes in Batch Uploading for 2011 Reporting Year and later, and
- in “Attestation” Section
- Renamed existing tab-delimited text and XML batch upload templates to reflect their use with activities assigned to Reporting Years 2010 and earlier. NOTE: Please do not use these templates for activities assigned to Reporting Years 2011 and beyond.
- Added new tab-delimited text and XML batch upload templates for use with activities assigned to Reporting Year 2011. NOTE: Please do not use 2010 templates for activities assigned to Reporting Years 2011 and beyond.
Date Implemented: July 28, 2011
- Added the ability to delete more than one activity at a time.
(see How do I delete more than one activity at a time? FAQ for more information.)
- Added the ability to copy data from an existing activity into a new activity.
(see How do I copy an activity from one year to the next? FAQ for more information).
- A system validation process was implemented to ensure that providers cannot “Attest” that the data for a Reporting Year is complete unless all activities for that Reporting Year are “closed” and all fields on the Program Summary have been completed.
Date Implemented: December 20, 2011
- Added report “Download Activities Selected for Review” that is available to providers on the Activities tab when their accrediting organization has selected activities in support of the accreditation process.
Date Implemented: January 13, 2012
- Added report “Download Summary of Closed Activities” on the Activities tab that sums data entered for all Closed activities for a specified Reporting Year, including financial data entered into Program Summary.
Date Implemented: December 17, 2012
- Changed the Organization Profile tab to dislay all users associated with an organization, including those who are not assigned as the Primary, Billing or CEO contact.
- Enhanced the activity Tab-Delimited Batch Upload process to automatically remove prohibited codes and characters from uploaded text files. This change will reduce Tab-Delimited Batch Upload errors.
This page was last updated on January, 2012.