The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME has a staff of approximately 25 employees and is committed to providing a professional, and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more. Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
The following open positions are listed on this page:
- Supporting the Education and Outreach team, as needed, which includes copying, filing, creation of documents and spreadsheets, and assistance with mailings.
- Logistical support for ACCME-hosted meetings, including preparing and collating materials, ensuring readiness of meeting rooms, technical support of web-based meetings, and facilitating conference calls.
- Maintaining calendars, including coordination of staff schedules.
- Supporting staff participation in educational programs, including correspondence with staff/volunteers of hosting organizations and preparation of materials and travel.
- Logistical support for ACCME staff participation in national conferences.
- Supporting implementation of training for new and existing surveyors including meeting planning, technical support of web-based meetings, and correspondence with surveyors.
- Administering logistical support for surveyor training and improvement.
- Assessing the ongoing effectiveness of ACCME’s education and outreach initiatives.
ACCME is the national accrediting organization for providers of continuing medical education. We foster a professional, client-focused atmosphere that emphasizes accountability, integrity, open-mindedness, excellence and quality.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the President and Executive Vice President of the ACCME. This position requires an energetic and personable self-starter who is organized, detail-oriented and comfortable with managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Coordinating the activities of the ACCME’s President/CEO and Executive Vice President according to established workflows and policies.
- Manage the schedule and coordinate the commitments of the President and Executive Vice President, ensuring that all commitment deadlines are met (submission of materials, presentation, etc.) and all follow-up is executed.
- Manage President’s and Executive Vice President’s incoming mail and phone inquiries, as well as outgoing correspondence. Provide accurate, timely responses to questions, and file correspondence and other executive records according to policy.
- Review and process President’s and Executive Vice President’s Expense Reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate travel for the President and Executive VP with ACCME’s travel agent according to established policy.
- Schedule and confirm agendas and manage connection details for the weekly Vice President’s briefings.
Serving as backup for phones and general email to the Operations Administrative Assistant
- Up to 10 hours per week,
o answer the ACCME’s main phone line and accurately process calls according to established standards.
o monitor and process emails that come into the ACCME’s main email account (email@example.com) according to established standards.
Coordinating projects related to the successful execution of governance and liaison projects and meetings.
- Assist Executive Vice President with projects related to Joint Accreditation.
- Coordinate the New Committee and Board Member Organization Liaisons Orientations, including updating and distributing materials.
- Assist with the production of Board of Directors meeting agenda materials, in an electronic format, via SharePoint.
- Ensure approval of Board and Committee minutes according to procedure.
- Develop and maintain explicit procedures, in SharePoint, for all job responsibilities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in ACCME processes and practices.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited degree program and a minimum of three years professional administrative work experience. Strong problem-solving skills as well as a focus on producing high-quality, error-free work is required. Applicants must be comfortable managing multiple deadlines and projects at once, and have strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide friendly, professional support. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional, in particular Outlook, is necessary. Experience using SharePoint lists and libraries is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, references, and salary requirements to The Synergy Companies, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.